[hpsdr] quest for IP3

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 29 14:10:01 PDT 2007

My last homebrew had 16 diodes in the first mixer to a LC roofer PAS 3 attenuator then KVG 41 MHz. roofer. SRA1H in the second mixer was the weak link. Darn close to 100 dB dynamic range back in '83. I made a nice LO with a BC221 cap with the stator cut down the middle running a U310. Tried cavities and then a synthesizer.  I ran a 2N3375 LO amp and blew the diodes in the mixer once. At around 1/2 watt the 1N5711s ran warm.
  I found these cool modules from F111 radar with RFI gaskets. I ripped out the boards and built my own. Price is no object when you homebrew but time becomes the issue.
  It is fun to watch you bit bashers do it in software......gfz