[hpsdr] Pico-ITX as possible processor for HPSDR?

Chris Salinas n0ttw at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 11 19:45:26 PDT 2007

I've worked with VIA ITX boards before. The processor on this mentioned board could be compared to a 1+Ghz Celeron (P3 Type). I haven't been impressed with these boards for serious work on a personal level.

  There is a small review on the website for this board... http://www.mini-itx.com/reviews/pico-itx/default.asp?page=9. You might want to read that. I guess Linux doesn't work on it at the moment (for those writing linux software).

  I do wonder what it would take to design a dedicated computer to control SDR that would plug into the Atlas backplane.  Wouldn't need any sound capability for sure. It would have a TV out along with RGB, flash drive, SODIMM memory.... I could go on and on. But at the same time, it would need software written for that computer. Software that would reduce the amount of processor overhead compared to Win-doze-based software. Not knocking your software Bill.

  Just putting my .02 in,
  Chris N0TTW

Message: 2