[hpsdr] Hpsdr Digest, Vol 18, Issue 14

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 03:31:42 PDT 2007

On 8/13/07, Chris Albertson <chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Someone complained that 16-bits is not enough dynamic range but we
> should all remember that a 16-bit machine can handle numbers of any
> size just like we can multiply large numbers using pencil and paper one
> digit at a time 16-bit computers can process 64 or 32 bit numbers 16
> bits at a time.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... I can do 32 bit DSP with a 4 bit processor...
that's not the point.  I am not convinced that the Blackfin is going
to be fast enough for use at a reasonable IF because of its 16 bit DSP
engine even running it at 400 or 600 MHz.

What is the IF into the ADC in the FT-450?

Phil N8VB