[hpsdr] GPS Receiver

Graham Haddock KE9H at austin.rr.com
Tue Dec 18 07:34:48 PST 2007

Phil:

Not my area of expertise at all, but....

1 us. accuracy? jitter? offset? on the Garmin seems to be poor, if you
are going to try to to discipline a frequency standard to 10E-9 to 10E-11.

I would expect the native timing accuracy inside of a GPS receiver is
better than 0.1 us on just GPS, and 0.01us with WAAS active.

The question becomes... how did they bring it out? Through software?
That is, have the on board processor transfer the data internally to
an output port?  If so, sounds like the potential for a lot of jitter
on the pulse.

The only GPS receiver  that I can find, that is in current production,
with a timing pulse
pedigree is the Motorola Oncore, currently evolved to the M12M (no WAAS).

I was about to order one of the M12M Timing Starter Kits from Synergy-GPS
(US$198.)

If you want me to order an additional one for you, please let
me know.

What doe the rest of your 10 MHz frequency time base look like?

--- Graham

==