[hpsdr] A nasty RM - TOPIC CLOSED

Don Jackson AE5K ae5k at hpsdr.org
Wed Dec 26 07:19:53 PST 2007

As HPSDR Discussion List Administrator, I don't wish to stifle
discussion for which this list was founded, but for the 2nd time in its
history of 2 years, I am exercising my authority to CLOSE a discussion
topic.

The very off topic posting earlier this morning does not meet the
criteria for this list.

Without commenting on the validity or pros/cons of the FCC petition
mentioned, the information posted is very flawed:

   1. The link to the supposed RM-11392 is just to the original
petitioners copy received by the FCC.  There is NO RM number assigned to it.

   2. Neither an FCC nor Google search for RM-11392 turns up anything
legitimate.  There have been (at this time) 75 "comments" posted to the
FCC website, starting today's date and most likely a result of the
flawed information being circulated.

   3. In one place, RM-11392 was supposedly issued Dec. 18, 2007 and has
30 day comment period.  Yet, there is one ham who has essentially
spammed various lists with "support RM-11392" many months before.

   4. It appears the latest postings about it all came from the same
flawed source.

This rubbish has no place on this HPSDR discussion list.  If anyone on
this list can PRIVATELY send me email which give valid pointers to
actual FCC website pages for RM-11392, *and* can also persuade me with
legitimate reasons to open up the topic on this HPSDR *worldwide* list,
then I may change my mind.  Without this, send your comments on my
action to the bit bucket.

Don AE5K
HPSDR Discussion List Administrator