[hpsdr] Question on Janus access with upcoming library code

Ray Anderson ray.anderson at xilinx.com
Tue Feb 20 10:47:06 PST 2007

A question on the following for the list software Guru's: would it be
feasible to write a Windows or Linux driver for Janus/Ozy such that the
hardware appears as a soundcard to the O/S.

>From Bill's comments it sounds like the Janus library he is alluding to
can be compiled into an application to allow that particular application
access Janus. Could this same library (or a variant) be integrated into
driver that could conceivable be used with other non-modified
applications (say Rocky, or KGSDR)

Thanks for any info!

-Ray     WB6TPU

>From Bill Tracey's list posting of 2/13/07:

One caveat on Janus - it is not a Windows sound card, so you will not be
able to use it with any old sound card program.  I will be licensing the
code that access sound under Janus as an LGPL library so other non GPL

licensed ham radio programs can be modified to use Janus.    The
remainder

of the  PowerSDR mods and Janus/Ozy support code is licensed under the
GPL.