[hpsdr] Chassis, Power Supply and Interface Board suggestions?

Paul Beckmann-wa0rse wa0rse at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 07:48:09 PST 2007

I'm buillding up the Atlas, have two Pinnochio's on the way, and a
Janus and Ozy on order. I saw the open-air chassis suggestion a while
back -- any others? (I know this is supposed to fit in any PC case but
what seems to be a worthy wrapper for this system?) I also have seen
the discussion of RF shielding concerns and wonder if there is a
chassis that would be particularly good for addressing that problem.

I also want to purchase a high-quality power supply for this that will
supply clean power, has overvoltage protection and good powerline
spike protection as well as a minimum of RF hash generation. Again,
any suggestions?

Finally, in examining the pictures of Atlas, I notice a little board
plugged into the power connector. standing vertically, with led's etc.
Can anyone enlighten me as to what that is?

73
--Paul, wa0rse