[hpsdr] Pinocchio Wire Loops

Cliff Chism boatguy1964 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 08:25:01 PST 2007

I just finished building Pinocchio last night and discovered, as others
have, that the wire supplied was too large for the thru-holes. I stripped
some 22 ga (I think that's what it was...) hookup wire from Radio Shack and
bent it around the point of a Radio Shack soldering tool to form small
loops. The wire fit the holes very nicely and were, at about 1/8"-3/16"
high, quite sturdy, so as not to bend over and touch each other when
microclip probes are attached... I think it's going to work well. But, it
was quite tedious.

Atlas was also finished last night and continuity/short tests are done...
Now, if can just open the mailbox to find Janus and Ozy there... It's gonna
be a long wait. But worth it, I believe.

One other thought... Looking over the quality of these boards, and all of
the obviously hard work that was put into them by their designers, I must
say "My compliments to the chefs!"

73,
Cliff Chism
KE5FJV

PS... Wish me luck. Going for my General Class upgrade tonite!