[hpsdr] PCR100 Control and noise

peter at gehughes.us peter at gehughes.us
Tue Feb 27 08:55:57 PST 2007

At the end of an Email from Giuseppe Campana

73 Beppe
IK3VIG

WoodBoxRadio
www.cqdx.it    <<<<<<<<<<<

is a small link to WoodBox Radio...They make and supply a PIC based
Hardware Control Panel for the PCR100
See also bottom link below.
This link let me to several others about controlling the PCR100
including the next to the bottom link for PALM/PocketPC control
software which made me find the 3rd link from the bottom which shows
that the Tungsten, along with a USB port, also supports RS-232..RS232
is what is needed to use the Palm control program. And since Belkin
makes a very compact USB adapter for the Tungsten (Just a USB connector
on a cable and the connector for the base of the Tungsten at the other
end)...which has not only screws holding it together BUT a full PCB
inside which has pads for all of the contacts on the Tungsten
connector..
 Before the day is over, I should have a working 'Lightweight" Portable
control for my PCR100...

Oh yeah...the TOP link below talks about NOISE on the signals you see
from a PCR100/1000 and ways to reduce them...

One step closer to having a portable SDR....
Does anyone have PowerSDR running on a PALM??????... :-)

Peter Hughes
N7BMG
Bored as Usual....

http://www.astro.hr/ucionica/tom/hardware/        PCR1000 review and