[hpsdr] Penelope - DUC Transmitter

Phil Harman pvharman at arach.net.au
Fri Feb 2 21:08:00 PST 2007

All,

Sorry about the delay in getting the details regarding 'Penelope' -  the
companion transmitter to the Mercury receiver - details on the Wiki.

I've just uploaded the first cut at the specification and a block diagram to
the Wiki at

<
http://hpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=PENELOPE#PENELOPE_-_Companion_Transmitter_to_Mercury >

At the moment I have the basic FPGA code running and Bill KD5TFD has made
the required changes to PowerSDR to enable me to start testing.  The AD9744
DACs have just arrived and I will add one to the prototype board during the
week -  heat wave permitting!

Special thanks to Lyle for agreeing to lay out the PCB, he did a fantastic
job on the Janus board and I am sure we will have similar success with
Penny.

Please feel free to offer any suggestions or requests for features so we can
consider them. I've allowed for a low level output to drive a transverter,
what would be a suitable level,  +10dBm?

73's Phil...VK6APH