[hpsdr] Call for Project Leaders!

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Tue Feb 13 09:26:36 PST 2007

Hello Terry!

> Lyle, I may be able to help some, but I am not on the level of the rest of
> the people here.  I have dabbled with SoftRocks, DDS, and other, but I am by
> no means an expert.  I'm not sure what I can contribute, but I may have time
> to help out.

How about Horton?  Or Phoenix?

One of the big issues has been the quadrature, low noise, low spur
clock.  Ray was investigating some of this in the Phoenix project, maybe
you could help him with this?.

Maybe a different approach is needed, where we use a non-quadrature
mixer to some IF where a fixed frequency integrating QSD could be
running.  The IF filter doesn't have to be 200 kHz wide, it could be
much narrower and still be very useful.  In fact, there may be cases
where a much narrower IF filter is really needed!

Or... ???

73,

Lyle KK7P