[hpsdr] Hi!

Robert McGwier rwmcgwier at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 18:35:40 PST 2007

I was able to use a $1000 microscope,  a several hundred dollar
soldering iron,  an expensive SMT rework set up,etc.  This is definitely
not for the usual kit builder who has done through hole part kits.  The
tweezers cost a bundle.  Still, this was more like work than fun.
Please go look at my purchase requests.  BUILT AND TESTED.  There are
not enough hours in my life to do this again.

If you are not absolutely convinced that you can handle surface mount
parts that you need a microscope to see if you have solder bridges then
buy the built and tested boards!

Bob
N4HY

peter at gehughes.us wrote:

> Thanks Lyle,
>
> I suspect your
>
> "If you buy parts singly, the total cost of a bare board
>  plus parts will be approximately equal to the cost of an assembled
> board."
>
> may affect the decision of many "Bare" board buyers..and make it easier
> to reach 500
>
> Peter
> N7BMG

"Taking fun as simply fun and earnestness in earnest shows
how thoroughly thou none of the two discernest." - Piet Hine