[hpsdr] Bare Boards

H. Gruchow horst at needles.de
Fri Feb 16 11:18:57 PST 2007

Hello
I am outing myself: I am a bare board voter. Already last July I had posted a message
which I will repeat because the attitude has not changed yet:

quote*********************
Hi group,
having returned home safely from my business trip to south-east asia I would like to throw
in my two euro cents on this topic as well.

The reasons why I joined this group:

a) I wanted to learn new things about new radio design
b) I wanted to have fun learning new things about new radio design
c) I wanted to have fun doing everything involved in learning new things about new radio
design
d) I wanted to even learn how to solder fine pitch smd parts if this is required in the
process of learning new things about new radio design
e) see a) to d)

The price of learning always will be that you make mistakes and again learn from these
mistakes even if it ends up to cost more than a readily available assembled board.
Learning you do not get for free (free as in 'costs nothing') but the fun of learning is
almost invaluable.

The only thing I do not like right now is the proposed price of the bare boards of 32 US$.
  Around 20 US$ would be more realistic including a good margin.

Regards
Horst
DL6KBF