[hpsdr] Bare Boards

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan vu3rdd at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 23:50:12 PST 2007

On 2/16/07, Bill Tracey <bill at ewjt.com> wrote:

> I'll admit to being surprised at the amount of interest in bare boards,
> turns out to be running a bit higher than I'd expected it would be.
>
> I'd be interested to hear from the folks looking at the bare board option
> their reason for going that route.  Is it a cost issue?  Or really want to

Getting anything electronic, that too with a lot of silicon, is not an
easy task for someone living in this part of the world. The Indian
Customs will charge a fortune, and my past memories are still haunting
me. So, yes, though I lack time and equipment to hand build and test
it, I would want to take the route of bare boards and then "smuggle"
parts with those coming back from the West.

--
  Ramakrishnan - VU3RDD