[hpsdr] Bare Boards

Tony Langdon vk3jed at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 11:51:18 PST 2007

At 11:09 PM 2/16/2007, Mike Naruta wrote:

>I pondered going with the bare boards, but time is
>short for me.  I'd rather spend it experimenting
>with Janus and Ozy.

While I have hand assembled small SMD projects myself (most notable
being an ATV exciter), I don't have the time to do so.  Still got a
few simple projects kicking around awaiting time, let alone something
major like Janus and Ozy, so I also decided pre-built was the way to go.

>I have been leadsmithing for a half century.
>It's not as significant to me as the other things.
>Besides, I've been getting plenty of practice on
>the Delta 44 I/F, Atlas, UCB, and non-SDR projects.

While I can and have built various pieces of equipment, dating back
to nearly my early teens, several years before I got my ticket, I
would rather spend my time on working with the technology and
discovering what it can do and what uses I can put it to.  I'm more
interested in experimenting with systems at a higher level than
assembling the individual components.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com