[hpsdr] FW: Mercury

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Fri Feb 16 16:31:56 PST 2007

On 2/16/07, Gregg Marco W6IZT <w6izt at bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I am new to the reflector. Is it planned for the Mercury board to support
> multiple (2 or more receiver inputs)? Also will Mercury incorporate
> on-board attenuator(s) at he antenna input?
>

> Thanks and very pleased to be part of this team
>

> Gregg
>
> W6IZT

Hi Gregg,

Our goal is to be able to implement two receivers anywhere within the
0-62.5 MHz bandwidth of the Mercury.  These receivers can then be
further broken down to sub-receivers within the bandwidth of an
individual receiver.  For example you will be able to display 192 kHz
of 20 meters and 192 kHz (or some multiple or sub multiple) of 40
meters at the same time.  The receivers with share a common analog
frond end since the multiple rx is made possible within the digital
processing after the ADC.

We found some "magic ingredients" to be added to Mercury which I will
be testing out soon that may really boost the performance possible.
If these magic components work out as well as we are hoping, all will
be revealed on the HPSDR list.

73 Phil N8VB