[hpsdr] Mercury

pvharman at arach.net.au pvharman at arach.net.au
Mon Feb 19 17:10:29 PST 2007

Hi Frank,

To answer your questions;

- Mercury will interface to the outside world via Ozy

- I've tried to add lots of comments to the Verilog FPGA code. As an FPGA
newbie it helps me to follow the code when I need to go back and change it!
Have a look at the *.v files in SVN and let me know how we are doing in terms
of being able to understand the code.

- I'm using a 2.5GHz PC and even at 192kHz sampling rate and other programs
running I'm using about 35% of the CPU. I do have the Mercury application set
as Real Time though. If I drag the GUI all over the screen as fast as I can the
CPU runs at 100% but does not drop audio.

- If you are not into writing code for PCs but like trying new things then have
a go at learning Verilog and programming an FPGA. For a non programmer like me
this was much easier to lean than  Windows programming using C#.

73's Phil...VK6APH