[hpsdr] SDR Dynamiic Range Considerations

Larry Gadallah lgadallah at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 13:19:03 PST 2007

I thought that typically, commercial/military applications where this
issue came up were dealt with by adding a bank of octave or sub-octave
switched L-C bandpass filters ahead of the QSD/mixer. I realize that
this starts to cause problems when someone wants to monitor 160M and
10M at the same time, but it is a way to reduce the amount of energy
that the ADCs have to deal with, isn't it?

Cheers,

--
Larry Gadallah, VE6VQ/W7                          lgadallah AT gmail DOT com
PGP Sig: 616D 4E52 CF1F 3FEC FFFB  F11B 7DB9 C79A EA7E B25B