[hpsdr] Export experts?

Alberto I2PHD i2phd at weaksignals.com
Tue Feb 27 08:42:58 PST 2007

Ahti Aintila wrote:

> The Customs Duty is 0% in the EU countries for items described
> something like "Amateur Radio Transceiver Kit (Circuit Board)", US
> Customs Code 8525 2080 900 . The Value Added Tax (VAT) varies in
> different countries. In Finland it is 22%. Anyhow, check the
> information in advance and find the best code.

  As already said, using USPS the 99% of the times the small packets do not pass through the custom, especially if the
declare value is below 200 USD (I said "declared" value :-), thus avoiding to pay that outrageous VAT tax, 20% for
Italy. I say this based on the experience of many items bought on eBay. I remember a few years ago I bought a used 475
Tek oscilloscope from a guy in California, and it arrived straight, without stopping first at the custom office...

73  Alberto  I2PHD