[hpsdr] Re Export experts?

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Tue Feb 27 12:42:18 PST 2007

I appreciate all the information that has been shared so far.  Several
have volunteered to help on the receiving end (EU).

Once I have a handle on how many board to which countries, we can put
together a plan to ship.

Assuming a bulk shipment makes economic sense, the one complication I see
at the moment is financing the distribution costs once the bulk shipment
arrives in the EU.

Feel free to continue to provide input, I just wanted to thank everyone
for their help.

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007, Giancarlo Moda wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> the matter is not so simple for various reasons. You
> have to analize everything before saying:
> a) send all knoledge or
> b) find someone in Germany ...o where else.
>
> If you like to avoid problems and put people in the
> condition to complete the HPSDR Project and protect
> their money there is only one solution:
>
> HPSDR group have to sell the complete kit:
>
> 1) There could be quality problems with PCBs although
> in Europe we have several manufacturers working on
> high quality products.
> 2) If users have to purchase all components these will
> be  an infinity story as
> a) not all components will wasy to purchase,
> b) minimum quantities will be required by distributors
> c) components cots will be high
> d) many will have to give up the project as it will be
> difficult to collect 100% of items
>
> Centralizing the PCBs and Components purchase will
> permit:
> a) a lower investment
> b) the 100% of components requirement
> c) completion of project
> d) protection of purchaser investment
> e) a high number of users
>
> Exporting from USA is not a problem, particularly to
> Europe.
> It is important that the proper European import number
> is declared to easy import and lower the import tax
> for the buyer. Usually purchaser has to pay V.A.T.
> that is around 20% of invoice price including shipping
> charges and insurance.
> I am sure Beppe, IK3VIG, may help on this.
>
> If the single order handling becomes difficult, then
> the HPSDR group has to find an European dealer that
> will purchase stock of kits to resell at a not too
> overcharged price... avoiding the G-land effect on the
> SoftRock that from a 15$ is resold at over 30$.
>
> 73
>
> Gian
> I7SWX

John, W9DDD