[hpsdr] Re Export experts?

Giancarlo Moda i7swx at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 27 14:23:59 PST 2007

Hi John,

--- John Koster <w9ddd at tapr.org> wrote:

> I appreciate all the information that has been
> shared so far.  Several
> have volunteered to help on the receiving end (EU).

This is part of amateur radio ... sharing info ...
when possible.

> Once I have a handle on how many board to which
> countries, we can put
> together a plan to ship.

Certainly this is important.

> Assuming a bulk shipment makes economic sense, the
> one complication I see
> at the moment is financing the distribution costs
> once the bulk shipment
> arrives in the EU.

First you have to look at the total # to be
distributed in USA, EU and eventual other areas
worldwide.
Once # of total shipments is known I suggest you
should talk with UPS, DHL, Fedex, if possible with the
help of hams workingin large international companies
that uses such services. With their help discuss a
contract including USA and International shipments
with slow delivery "guessing" possible yearly parcels
shipment.
>From the above you should get interesting shipping
charges that will be applied to single or bulk
shipments.
Shipping will be directly to each purchaser. Import
tax or VAT can be managed by them. You should also
define their import charges included or added at a low
fix rate. Insurance included too.
Life will be simpler for both the sender and the
excited buyers ...
This service will avoid that buyer get involved with
import workpaper etcetera.

DHL maybe cheaper, then UPS and then Fedex.

When I was D'Boss of a W1 Company in F-land I could
have helped ... now as a retired chap I can only make
QRM !!!! ... hi

73

Gian
I7SWX