[hpsdr] New entry in the (almost) SDR arena

Howard Long hlong at btinternet.com
Tue Jan 23 08:44:38 PST 2007

Hi Phil

> A lot has changed in the last few years.  The DDC/DUC can be done
completely in a Cyclone II FPGA

I chose not to use programmable logic for several reasons, but primarily
that I have no experience of them, which at the time was as good a reaosn as
any!

As a matter of interest, what are the options for FPGA design tools these
days? My understanding historically is that the pricing on many of the dev
tools in many cases, especially the high end, take it out of the hands of
kitchen table designers.

73, Howard G6LVB