[hpsdr] Alex

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 26 09:18:26 PDT 2007

I would avoid using T50 cores at 100 watts. Might get away with stacking 2 or 3 cores.
  Red for low end and yellow 40 meters and above
  T68 work well up to around 200W. Also allows larger wire to keep the resistance low.
  Check RF current rating of caps might need to parallel multiple units to keep them cool.
  Stay away from XR7 dielectric caps.
  Relays use the ones about the size as a SRA1 mixer can. Then can take the voltage.
  Add at least a gas tube for static protection. I would think some sort of a clipper needs to be ahead of an expensive A/D. Biased Transorbs isolated by low C fast diodes at least.
  I'm a bit worried about a D/A making a clean signal. We know what a D/A in a DDS does, how is this different? frank wa1gfz