[hpsdr] DIN connector - mechanical stability

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan vu3rdd at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 07:12:10 PDT 2007

Folks,

On my Ozy board, the 90 degree angled DIN connectors are only
soldered, but not screwed into the PCB. This morning, I noticed that I
can bend the boards (plugged in into the ATLAS) a little bit sideways
(i.e in the direction of the long edge of Atlas) I hope I could convey
it in words properly.

I am a bit worried about the mechanical stability of such a setup.
What if, after afew plugin plugout of the boards, the DIN connector
pins come out? or get bent? It seem to me that DIN is a bit too
fragile for the setup.

I am sure, the designers will have thought this out and may have other
opinions. Will be glad to hear from the other folks.

73
Ramakrishnan, VU3RDD