[hpsdr] Demeter: Some calculations

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 2 11:56:27 PDT 2007

You can't assume people will have only one of each type
board plugged into Atlas.  Some people might want
to have multiples of the same board.  I think the way to
go is to look at the buss itself and assume a worst case.
Also we don't know anything about future developments.
Design the PS assuming that each card has maxed out it
power budget.  Even with a worst case like this, it's still
only a few amps

--- Michael Ardai <n1ist at arrl.net> wrote:

> Here are some of the numbers I have collected from the list:
>
> Penelope: Prototype draws 300mA of +5
> Mercury:  Prototype draws 500mA of +5 and 200mA of +12
> Janus/Ozy: Measured at 180mA of +5, 200mA of +12, 70mA of -12.

Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Office: 310-336-5189  Christopher.J.Albertson at aero.org
  KG6OMK/AG