[hpsdr] [OT] "STAR-10" transceiver?

Giancarlo Moda i7swx at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 8 06:44:39 PDT 2007

Hi Ken,

the project seems to be quite interestin, looking at
the circuit diagram.

The data reported it seems to me very "aggressive" ...
but everything is possible.

The English prject CDG2000 with front end H-Moder
Mixer with IP3 over +45dBm has IMD generated by the
passive coils nad f.e. filters and has an IP3 of
+40dBm.
The STAR 10 has the first mixer with an IP3 of +25dBm,
meaning you have an LO with a lot of power to drive
it... so LO spurs possible to go around.

If you are looking for a very interesting 100%
homebrew project look at the STAR II (G3XJP
Pic-A-STAR) a software transmitter and receiver with
very ineteresting performances, a very good software
package and no PC use, except to download the
software...

73

Gian
I7SWX