[hpsdr] Are there any plans to use an SCA framework such as OSSIE in the radio?

michael taylor mctylr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 08:49:59 PDT 2007

On 7/9/07, Tim Schoenfelder <hpsdr at timschoenfelder.com> wrote:
> Curious as to whether an SCA framework has or is being considered for the
> radio and the different waveforms.  One open source framework that I found
> was OSSIE: http://ossie.mprg.org/About_OSSIE

You could port a SCA framework, but as far as I know it appears to be
the wrong way to do SDR, and the idea persists only because it is
being using for JTRS being developed for the US military. I suppose
you might want the HPSDR to be slower and more computer resource
intensive, in which case SCA could help.

-Michael, VE3TIX