[hpsdr] [Flexradio] [OT] "STAR-10" transceiver?

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 14:07:47 PDT 2007

On 7/6/07, Ken N9VV <n9vv at wowway.com> wrote:
> does anyone know anything about the "STAR-10" transceiver designed by KW7CD?
>
> from his QRZ webpage: http://www.qrz.com/KW7CD
> --------------------------------
> "HF Transceiver: Star-10(c) Pictured above -- "Home Brewed" - 100 Watts
> continuous (125 Watts Peak) from 1.8 MHz to 30 MHz continuous coverage
> in 10 Hz, in one band using a fully synthesized microwave DDS-Driven PLL
> running at ~1 GHz. Phase noise -133 dBc/Hz from 400 Hz to 20 KHz.
> Receiver composite linear dynamic range >150 dB, MDS = -136 dBm, IP3 =
> +45 dBm, with preamp ON."
> --------------------------------
>
> http://members.aol.com/cdrentea/myhomepage/ham_radio.html
> http://members.aol.com/cdrentea/images/hr21.jpg
> http://members.aol.com/cdrentea/images/hr33.jpg
>

> ?
> de ken n9vv

KW7CD was born in Sintereag, Romania according to the website.  That
is just northeast of Cluj-Napoca where the XYL and I were visiting in
May of this year.  I've actually seen the road sign on E576 were the
village of Sintereag is located.  Romanians are very well educated.
Interesting...

73 Phil N8VB