[hpsdr] Blackfin

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Wed Jul 11 09:37:56 PDT 2007

> Is there any interest in an Atlas-pluggable Blackfin board to replace
> the PC and an alternative to Sasquash ?

You can do an amazing amount of work with a 16-bit fixed point DSP.  I
happen to not be a Linux fan, and suspect burdening a real-time,
lightweight, memory- and CPU-constrained system with the overhead of
Linux should be carefully thought out. Maybe it has been, I don't keep
up with it.  I prefer my free tools to run under Windoze (and not with
cygwin!), but then again I'm not developing them :-)  And maybe the
tools you mention have been ported to Windoze!

Sasquatch is not happening very quickly, and isn;t on the front burner
around here (K3 has consumed my life) :-(

Anyway, this sounds like a great idea, and probably should be pursued.

Go for it!

73,

Lyle KK7P