[hpsdr] Blackfin

Lyle Johnson kk7p at wavecable.com
Wed Jul 11 10:14:22 PDT 2007

> One thing I over looked (thanks to Steve KA6S) is that, there is going
> to be a huge software effort to port/rewrite dttsp in fixed point.
> Sasquash does not have that problem. TI C67xx floating point tools can
> be used to cross compile DTTSP for C67xx and some C-level
> optimizations can be done specific to C67xx without even writing any
> assembly code for it.

This will be done for Sasquatch because it is being done for the AMSAT
SDX, but some of the core stuff is also being/has been ported to the
dsPIC for SuitSat-2, so there will be some 16-bit fixed-point code base
to work from.

And a DSP-based portable radio doesn't have to be based on this core,
see EMRFD, Johan Forrer's ASP code, Bob Larkin's DSP-10 and Peter
Rhodes' Pic A Star for some examples.

Lyle