[hpsdr] Blackfin

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Wed Jul 11 18:38:26 PDT 2007

On 7/11/07, Philip Covington <p.covington at gmail.com> wrote:

> I still wonder if it would not be just as cost effective to use a
> mini-ITX board instead of custom DSP board for a stand alone radio?
> It might not be as power efficient, but everything as far as the DSP
> code is already in place (DttSP) to get the job done.

I have to go along with this. There is still a significant advantage to
application-specific parts for heavy-duty graphics, but for the kinds of
bandwidths we're talking about here, general-purpose CPUs have been more
than adequate for quite awhile. They're plenteous, cheap, largely
interchangeable, easy to package, easy to interface...

73
Frank
AB2KT