[hpsdr] Blackfin

Philip Covington p.covington at gmail.com
Thu Jul 12 16:03:38 PDT 2007

On 7/12/07, Tony Langdon <vk3jed at gmail.com> wrote:

> At 07:00 AM 7/13/2007, Chris Albertson wrote:
>
> >Cost is in the $300+ range more or less and expect
> >them to require 70 ~ 100 watts of power.  Many have built-in
>
> Which is a bit heavy on the power side...  :-(
<snip>

That price is for the higher end boards.  You can buy a Intel mini-ITX
board for $80 from Logic Supply that has a 1.33 GHz Celeron.  It
requires >27 Watts.  Of course you need to buy some RAM, flash IDE
drive and power supply.  Still the cost would be under under $200.

Here's the specs:

D201GLY Specifications
Processor 	Intel Celeron 215
533 MHz FSB
Chipset 	SiS SiS662 northbridge
SiS SiS964L southbridge
System Memory 	1 DDR2 400/533/667 SDRAM slot
Up to 1GB of memory
VGA 	Integrated SiS Mirage 1 graphic engine
Expansion Slots 	PCI
Onboard IDE 	1 ATA 100 40-pin
Onboard Serial ATA 	None
Onboard USB 	6 USB 2.0
Onboard LAN 	Broadcom 10/100
Onboard Audio 	ADI AD1888 audio codec
Back Panel I/O 	1 Parallel port
2 USB 2.0 ports
1 VGA port
1 LAN port
1 RS-232 COM port
1 PS2 keyboard port
1 PS2 mouse port
3 Audio jacks: line-out, line-in, mic-in
Onboard I/O Connectors 	4 USB 2.0 via 2 pin headers
1 P4 connector
Front audio connector
ATX connector
BIOS 	Intel BIOS 4Mb flash memory
System Monitoring & Management 	Power Management, Wake on USB, Wake on
PCI, Wake on keyboard, Wake on mouse, Wake on LAN
Operating Temperature 	0 ~ 50ºC
Form Factor 	Mini-ITX (17 cm x 17 cm)
Includes 	ATA 133 (40-pin, 80 conductor, 3 connectors)
Installation CD
Backplate
Quick reference guide

I think that this might be adequate if doing just the DSP processing
(not the GUI).  Put a small Linux on the flash IDE drive and DttSP.
It could handle the font panel control too.  The Ethernet port can be
used to connect to a PC to do the GUI.   If you want to run  it stand
alone you don't need the GUI.

Phil N8VB