[hpsdr] Blackfin

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Fri Jul 13 10:21:52 PDT 2007

Philip Covington wrote:

> I thought I'd try a minimal command line only install of Ubuntu 7.04
> install using the alternate CD.  I gave it a try on a system here and
> it appears I can get it down to where I can fit it on a 512 MB flash
> drive.   I've installed the low latency kernel.   I am going to try
> stripping it down further then installing the packages I need to
> support DttSP.

Sounds perfect.

A redundant reminder...add

audio:x:29:n8vb,root

to /etc/group (if n8vb is your user on the box, and 29 is an
unused group number), and

@audio          -       nice              -10
@audio          -       rtprio          99
@audio          -       memlock         250000

to /etc/security/limits.conf. Then if you run

nice -10 jackd ....whatever

you can be pretty sure you'll never see an xrun, no matter what.
There isn't much that can sneak in front of jackd on the run queue
that way.

Also (superfluously), no reason to use ext3 or reiserfs.

73
Frank
AB2KT

--
Managing developers is like herding cats.
Managing volunteer developers is like herding bats, in the dark.