[hpsdr] process priority

Alberto I2PHD i2phd at weaksignals.com
Thu Jul 19 13:49:48 PDT 2007

> Another thing to try adjusting -- the process
> priority.  At 192khz
> you may need to run PowerSDR real time to keep it
> glitch free.

Well 192 kHz are not that much. While experimenting with the new Perseus direct sampling receiver, Winrad was fed with a
500 kHz I/Q stream, 24-bit samples, via the USB 2.0 port, and it did its downsampling, filtering and demodulating job
with a CPU load of about 50% on an Athlon clocked at 2.2 GHz. Absolutely no audio glitches. The priorities of the
various threads of Winrad, and the process priority of the main task were the Windows default. The hardware,
reprogramming the FPGA, can go even at 1 Ms/sec, and that will probably be the next experiment.

73  Alberto  I2PHD