[hpsdr] process priority

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Thu Jul 19 14:17:33 PDT 2007

I think any audio popping glitches are due to the combined processing load
of the dsp and video -- I certainly noticed a difference with PowerSDR in
combination with HPSDR ozy/Janus at 192KHz vs 96KHz.  From what I
understand, the typical CPU today can easily handle the dsp part of the
task: its the combination of dsp and video, especially at the higher
bandwidths that can put a strain on the overall system.  My next computer
upgrade will certainly take this into account when I choose components.

73, Pete, N3EVL