[hpsdr] [Hpsdr] Alex TX-Filter - Material for Ringcores

Gerd Loch g.loch at nt-electronics.de
Thu Jul 26 01:20:56 PDT 2007

Hallo Graham,

thanks for the information, especially about the manufacturer of the cores.
I will get additional information there and hope to then understand all
properties of the magnetic materials which is not really simple.

I am aware which materials to choose within one material category (i.e. iron
powder). But perhaps you could explain me why to use only iron powder for
resonant circuits. (besides the request for lower permeabilties, or is this
the only reason?).

On the other side iron powder is also used for broadband (power)
applications such as baluns as they can transform power with less loss.

But I will no longer ask silly questions as long as I have not read all
infos from MicroMetals.

73 Gerd
DJ8AY