[hpsdr] Softrock transmitter with Ozy/Janus

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 29 18:59:29 PDT 2007

--- Bill Tracey <bill at ewjt.com> wrote:

> I don't know if other SDR software authors are looking at adding J/O
> support  - the code I've written for it is now licensed under the
> LGPL so it could be used as a basis for closed source SDR programs to

What's really needed is an audio driver for J/O.  If this existed then
almost everything would work with HPSDR hardware.

I've written some Linux device drivers.  They are pretty easy to do
but Microsoft does not make it so easy for the device driver writer
so we've not exactly seen a rush of people writing  Windows
drivers for J/O.    On the other hand, on a few lists, there are some
people waiting for Mercury/Penelope and it may gain generalized
support under Linux and Mac OSX some time after the hardware is
out.

Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Office: 310-336-5189  Christopher.J.Albertson at aero.org