[hpsdr] Pandora

Ben Hall kd5byb at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 28 16:24:03 PDT 2007

Tim Ellison wrote:
> I am sure this info is buried somewhere on the Internet and I apologize
> in advance for bothering you, but I was wondering if you could provide a
> quick status of the Pandora project? I have my A/O/J boards and have
> been waiting to put them into an enclosure before working with them.

Good evening Tim and gang!

Pandora's progress has been very, very slow over the Summer.  It seems
like since the start of Summer, I've been out of town or in training
classes at work.  Throw in the usual load of Summer yard-work and I've
just not had much time to work on Pandora.

Right now, there are two designs on the drawing board for Pandora:

The first uses a Ten-Ten BK-959 case with a few custom-made parts to
allow access to the card connections.  It is a modification of an
off-the-shelf product.  It should be fairly inexpensive ($50 was the
target) but I don't yet have good pricing info back from Ten-Tec.

The second is a purpose-built, ground-up design that is not a
modification of an off-the-shelf product.  It's been designed from the
ground up solely to hold an HPSDR and is very, very nice looking!  It's
going to be more expensive than the first design, but again, I don't
know yet how much more expensive as I don't have good pricing info on
this design either.

Several weeks ago, I made the statement that I was going to release the
designs for public comment, but realized I had some bugs to chase in the
BK-959 design and wanted to make sure that the second design was ready
for public viewing.  Once I have both ironed out I will post PDF's of
the solid models for both designs for comment...

thanks much and 73,
ben
PS:  Passed my general exam today, so I guess I'm now KD5BYB/AG?  ;)
--
Thanks and 73,
Ben, KD5BYB