[hpsdr] update from VU3RDD

Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan vu3rdd at gmail.com
Sun Jul 29 01:11:32 PDT 2007

Hi,

got my pre-assembled Janus this friday evening. Hooked it up with my
Ozy on Atlas. During initozy11.bat, I saw those i2c errors again. On a
closer study of Ozy schematics, I found that I had missed out those
zero ohm resistor jumpers. Fixed all of them according to the
peoduction setup as detailed by Scotty in an earlier email to the
group. Now everything see to be fine, initozy went fine without any
errors. Once FPGA was loaded, the two Janus LEDs in the centre went
off. I fired up the svn ocopy of powerSDR and configured it to use Ozy
control and sound card as Janus. Things seem to be fine. I see a noise
floor down much under -140 dBm with a small spike at the center
frequency. Yet to calibrate the powerSDR (this is the first time I am
using it..). I do not have an RF frontend at the moment, as my older
softrock receivers are with other friends. I am now building a
Softrock RXTX v6.2 to hook up with the A/J/O.

Will report back with more results once softrock is up.

73
Ramakrishnan, VU3RDD