[hpsdr] OZY-JANUS and software implementation?

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Mon Jul 30 20:54:20 PDT 2007

The basic reason I've not done a Windows sound driver for Janus is I
had no interest in learning how to do Windows audio drivers and we
did not need one to get Janus working with PowerSDR.  There is also a
side benefit in that we have more control over setup and buffering of
the data -- in essence we skip the layers of Windows audio code and
handle the data our self.  This approach does have the significant
down side that code has to be modified to work with Janus.

I'm willing to support anyone that want to take on doing a Windows
audio driver for Janus -- it is not that I think it is a bad idea,
it's just that I have no interest in doing it.

Cheers,

Bill (kd5tfd)