[hpsdr] Minibox PW-200-M Power Supply

Duane - N9DG n9dg at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 6 15:40:16 PDT 2007

I did order a PW-200-M for use with my one of A/J/O sets. I
should have it around the end of this week. And I should know
by sometime next week how well it works.

I decided to go this route since the current draw of the
follow-on HPSDR boards is somewhat of an unknown. My thought
is that the PW-200-M stands a better chance of being be "up
to the task" of powering another module or two. The
picoPSU-120 just seems to be "too close to the edge" to suit
me, especially the -12V.

I did also order the 20-pin 9" jumper so that the PW-200-M
can be mounted away from the board if need be. My other
thought was to see if modifying the 20 pin connector on the
PW-200-M board will be feasible or not (a 90 degree
reorientation exercise). I will decide if I'll try to tackle
that or not once the PW-200-M is here. If it can be, then
there's a fair chance it too can be plugged directly into the
Atlas and maybe even fit inside Pandora.

And more likely that not, the 4 pin pig tail cables that I
think are soldered to the PW-200-M board itself will whimper
just a little bit when I cut them off ;).

Duane
N9DG