[hpsdr] frequency standard.

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 15 16:55:14 PDT 2007

Hi guys,
  My point was to make the oscillator remote mounted from the control electronics so the user can select the quality of oscillator. I have a couple oven controlled VCXOs that will suit my needs for now. I would think the PLL or FLL part of it would not take a lot of FPGA resources so the board could share other functions. Once you get into standards your never happy with what you have so having it external makes it user defined. Some may lose sleep over the drift between sample updates. Some will be happy with a crystal 2 gates and a varactor.
  Well I should be in the shack drilling and blasting so I am ready when the USB board arrives.
  Still need to mount a few fuses and wire the supply cable. frank