[hpsdr] Gibratlar VCTCXO

Phil Harman pvharman at arach.net.au
Fri Jun 15 05:21:19 PDT 2007

Hi Grant,

Thanks for the information on the latest generation of VCTCXOs - this looks
like a really nice part. I've been doing some tests on various algorithms in
an FPGA to lock my HP8640B to the 1PPS from a GPS receiver.  There seems to
be plenty of options in terms of prior art but I started off with a very
simple long term integration system. I started with a fast integration time
and once in lock just keep on increasing the integration time.  For a KISS
process it seems to work very well. I guess if this ever ends up as part of
HPSDR since it's FPGA based then we can try many different algorithms over
time.

I've been on the look out for a HP VCOCXO on ebay but have not had any luck
as yet - may be better to try one of these VCTCXOs in the mean time.

It's good to see the interest and input to Gibraltar on the reflector.

73's Phil....VK6APH