[hpsdr] Noise

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 24 18:05:45 PDT 2007

Hi All,
  I'm running linear supplies without switching noise but found another source. My Janus board is located about 12 feet from my Receiver so just ran two lengths of Radio Shack patch cords with a splice adapter.
  Looking at the noise floor I notice this cable leaks alot of noise. I have a couple lengths of double shielded wire that will be pressed into service soon.

  Thank You for reminding me the serial bus was daisy chained which could have been my problem all along. I'm surprised a 1 gig machine can't operate Flex software at 192 KHz sample rate. The machine onlyhas a couple programs on it with office.
  I'm at almost 90% usage at 96 KHz sample. Anybody out there seeing the same performance? frank WA1GFZ