[hpsdr] Jan/Ozy Spurious Signals

Roland ETIENNE roland.etienne at free.fr
Fri Jun 1 22:39:29 PDT 2007

Joe Barger a écrit :

> First, a big thanks to all the people responsible for getting the
> HPSDR so far so fast.  Amazing!
>
> I've got the Janus/Ozy/Atlas combo with a Pico PS running.  Attached
> is a picture with nothing attached to the Janus inputs, the USB and
> SDR1000 parallel cable connected to the Ozy, sampling at 96K, SDR1000
> off.  The absolute level probably isn't calibrated real well in these
> tests, but the relative levels are what I'm interested in right now.
> There are strong spurious spikes, as can be seen in the picture.
> Switching SR on and off moves the spikes some as expected, but has no
> effect on the level.  I can't find any other SDR1000 control that
> affects the spikes significantly.

> Anyone got some idea's about what's going on and how to fix the
> spurious spikes and the hump?
>
> Thanks
>
> joe n6kk
Hello Joe,

I also have seen these "humps" when I replaced my lab power supply (a
linear one), by the pico-psu, I really think that the best solution is
to do a +/- 12v linear supply for the Janus/Ozy and for the SDR1000, but
may be we don't need it for the SDR if the INA163 are not needed
anymore, as Athi shows us.

More tests to do...

73, Roland f8chk.