[hpsdr] Janus frequency response ?

Ahti Aintila oh2rz.sdr at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 10:58:49 PDT 2007

David,

That was an easy solution. I shorted the resistors, too. When going to
the differentian input, you need to move jumpers J1 and J4 to the
lower position.

If you now want to increase the dynamic range and lower the
amplification, you might take the I/Q signals out from the SDR-1000 in
differential form directly from the sampling capacitors. Look at the
HPSDR Archives (May and June) for my messages (author Ahti Aintila)
having subjects including "JanOz-163" and "NOISE and Janus".

Be careful though with the soldering of the cable. Check also that you
never let the signal go more than 2.5 Vpp to the input of the AK5394A.

I do not recommend any shorter time constant for the QSD. If you need
a flat frequency response for any broadband applications with 192 kHz
sampling, software correction might be the better way.

73, Ahti OH2RZ