[hpsdr] HPSDR USB Protocol

Chris Albertson chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 9 15:49:21 PDT 2007

This is very good.  Leads you step by step and is pretty easy to
understand
I bought the printed version but the full test is on-line here:
http://www.xml.com/ldd/chapter/book/

Don't worry drivers are all written in "plain old ANSI C"  with
possably
maybe a few inline assembly instructions

One more bit of advice, I don't know if it is in the book.  Get a copy
of
VMware and do as much of any device driver development as you can
insied a _virtual_ machine.  You WILL crash the OS and you WILL mess
up the file system.  Don't test out no drivers on a machine that holds
importent data.  VMware lets you have as many development machines
as you want.

--- Clark Ward Jr <ki4gyt at gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone recommend a similar
> book for writing device drivers?  Mainly my experience is in C, but I
> can branch out :)

Chris Albertson
  Home:   310-376-1029  chrisalbertson90278 at yahoo.com
  Office: 310-336-5189  Christopher.J.Albertson at aero.org