[hpsdr] [Flexradio] Dayton Audio

Eric Ellison ecellison at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 03:19:49 PDT 2007

Greg/All

First I would like to thank Jerry - WB0UZW for coming to my rescue and
editing audio, getting these files down to a manageable size and posting
them! Jerry is yet another valuable link in the SDR chain.

Also I would like to thank Tom - AA8YI who did the recordings at all of the
Dayton forums pertaining to SDR. A HUGE TASK of setup-teardown! The
initially the files were huge and in a JVC format, also the audio was poor
due to the size of the room(s) and using the mic in the camera. Next year we
will connect the audio to the mixer. In the interst of getting them posted
Tom sent 4 DVD's to me. I 'played' with them the week befor last, and was
finally able to open them but not edit. I mentioned this on Teamspeak on
Friday, and Jerry offered to have a look. I sent the DVD's to Jerry after
making a copy and he was successful in editing and improving the audio and
compressing them to a manageable size, and posting them. Thanks also to Dale
- WA8SRA for temporarily expanding the upload size so Jerry could upload
them.

If by the "Fickle Finger of Fate" I am the am Moderator of the SDR forum at
Dayton for a 4 th year, I DEFINITLY want Tom - AA8YI, His wife Mary, Dan -
N4XWE, and Scotty - WA2DFI on 'my side'! These are GREAT SDR presentations!
All represent valuable links in the SDR chain, and fantastic efforts of a
few.

Greg and others who pay for bandwidth, I will try to get Jerry to put his
edited versions on DVD and get them to folks who can't download from the
website.

Thanks