[hpsdr] [Flexradio] Dayton Audio

Jerry jjohnson at cableone.net
Sun Jun 10 20:12:48 PDT 2007

Hello Everyone,
We can put a DVD together with the files on them so everyone can get
to see the videos having download problems.
Since I haven't done any overseas shipping there will be a slight
learning curve here.
Shouldn't be anything to major I would think. If there are pitfalls
to watch out for let me know.
I am assuming USPS is the way to go from previous threads I've read.

A couple questions.
I should be able to render at a descent resolution and keep it on one
DVD using MPGE4.
My first thoughts were to stay with MP4 because of it's good qualty
and good compression.

I have two reports of users not able to play the MP4's. Same problem
with each. They get
the audio but the video is blank or flashes with lines in it. Appears
to be a codec issue.
Upgrading Quicktime or Windows Media player hasn't solved it.

So the DVD or DVD's can made available in a couple different formats if needed.

The original video was shot in MOD - DV format at 720x480 so it's
descent looking.
We had to squeeze it down to minimize the bandwidth on the web.

So a few questions:

1 - How many would like a DVD of the Dayton Videos?
2 - In what format? I'm using Sony Vegas 7 and can render a different
format if needed.. I will have to do a test and see what kind of
space and MOV, AVI , WMV or MPG take before we can say it fits on one
disc. Single layer DVD's are less then a buck a disc so if it's 2
disc it's still pretty cheap.
3 - Include your mailing address so I can figure shipping costs. My
zip code is 51104 if you want to compute the shipping yourself.

 From there we can decide how many of these to make. I'm single user
so coping DVD's  will not be very speedy process.
Cost would be a blank DVD's, mailer and the shipping.

I'm not in this to make or loose any money, so I will ask for just
what it costs me and use PAYPAL.
You can email me off list if you like to keep the noise down on the reflector.

Also, if you just want a CD of the existing files that we put on the
Web site that can be done also.

Thanks, Jerry, WB0UZW.