[hpsdr] Analog Vs. Switching power supply for OZY Janus...

Al K0VM at arrl.net
Mon Jun 11 08:16:26 PDT 2007

Henry,
   I have rerun the comparison with SDR-1000 cabled up and connected to
a 50 ohm load and I can see only a minor difference with the preamp set
at high. See attached screen shots.

  I am not saying that analog or switching supplies are the right or
wrong answer for OZY/Janus/SDR-1000,
just that not all switchers are automatically bad.  ( I have seen some
lab switchers made by well known names that had noise problems. )

The SDR1000 runs on an analog supply.

AL, K0VM